Southfield School has made a difference in the lives of countless students. Former parents and students remember fondly the teachers and staff who share enthusiasm, kindness, and knowledge with them. We encourage passionate, qualified teachers and faculty to apply for any open positions!
1100 Southfield Road
PRESCHOOL, KINDERGARTEN, AND ELEMENTARY CLASSROOM ASSISTANTS (Part-Time and Full-Time)
Southfield School seeks experienced, well-qualified, and mature Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School Assistants beginning August 1, 2019. The School prefers candidates with applicable early childhood and early elementary school experience, an educational background in early childhood, and a child-centered philosophy. The ideal candidate for this opportunity must have exemplary interpersonal skills and a positive, patient, solution-oriented temperament.
- Work with small groups in the classroom on reading and math skills
- Work with students one-on-one as needed for advanced or remedial activities
- Supervise students at specific learning center activities and redirect children as needed
- Encourage a hands-on love of learning
- Prepare lesson materials as needed
- Attend professional development opportunities, including positive classroom management techniques, developmentally appropriate practice, and effective teaching strategies
- Substitute for lead teacher absences
Please submit a statement of interest and current resume directly to:
M-F: 8:00am – 3:00pm, S & S: closed