Become a part of the Southfield family, northwest Louisiana’s only ISAS-accredited school.
Southfield does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, gender, religion, marital status, age, national and ethnic origin, or disability in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid, and other school-administered programs. Southfield School is committed to seeking diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Southfield admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
Southfield School is seeking substitute teachers for the 2022-2023 school year.
Candidates with applicable childcare experience, teaching, and/or educational background, and a child-centered philosophy should submit a current resume to:
Nicci Bandermann, Lower School Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Kirstin Cloutier-Spinelli, Middle School Director: email@example.com
1100 Southfield Rd.
Shreveport, LA 71106
(318) 868-5375 ext. 332
Pay: $12.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Childcare or teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
Custodial Worker - Part Time (Starts Immediately)
Southfield School in Shreveport, Louisiana, seeks an experienced professional to be on our maintenance team. The School was established in 1934 and is an independent co-educational, Preschool 2 through Eighth Grade with a current enrollment of 419 students. Southfield is a member of NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools) and is accredited by ISAS (Independent Schools Association of the Southwest).
Custodial Worker Qualifications/Skills:
- Customer service orientation
- Communication skills
- Secure all doors and windows
- Must be able to climb ladders and be on high roofs
- Some heavy lifting required
- Sweep, mop, clean windows, dust, and vacuum classrooms, hallways, stairs, restrooms, and office areas
- Keep grounds neat and clean
- Must have a willingness to clean up after young and school aged children
- Make minor repairs as required
- Open, set-up, and close for school events
- Perform miscellaneous tasks such as putting out supplies, retrieving and delivering packages around campus, building objects for the faculty
- Other duties may be assigned, as needed
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years in related positions
- This is a part time position – 9:00 am until 2:00 pm/5 days per week.
- This position will report directly to the Facilities Director.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance offered
- $25,000 life insurance policy
- TIAA-CREF Retirement plan
- Paid vacation, sick and personal leave
- All new hires are required to pass a criminal background check with the Louisiana Department of Education.
- Interested and qualified candidates are invited to visit the School’s website, southfield-school.org, and submit a letter of interest, a current resume, and a list of both professional and personal references to Facilities Director Don Woodard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or via mail to: Mr. Don Woodard, 1100 Southfield Road, Shreveport, LA 71106
2023-2024 Lower and Middle School AfterCare Assistant
2:30 – 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Candidates with applicable childcare experience, and/or educational background in early education, and a child-centered philosophy should submit a statement of interest and a current resume directly to Genevieve Saulter, Director of K-8 AfterCare: