The Judy Sklar Silberstein Scholarship
- Awarded on an academically competitive basis.
- Available to one new student entering Southfield’s Middle School at 5th, 6th, or 7th Grade.
- Award of Full Tuition and Fees, renewable on an annual basis through 8th Grade, assuming satisfactory academic performance, conduct, and demonstrated qualities of character.
Funding provided by generous donations by the Sklar family to The Judy Sklar Silberstein Scholarship Endowment, established in 1998.
Scholarship Application Process
- Schedule a campus tour of the school with Admissions Director Lesley Brice (318.213.6344 or email@example.com).
- Complete an online Application for Admission along with the non-refundable $50 application fee by March 8, 2021.
- Submit all prior academic records and standardized test results.
- Complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form by March 8, 2021.
- Student must submit a written essay titled “All About Me” with the Scholarship Application.
- The Teacher Recommendation Form must be submitted by one of the student’s current teachers.
- Finalists will interview with the Middle School Director and Admissions Director on the visit day.
Application Review Process
- All applicants must first be approved for admission to Southfield School.
- Once approved for admission, the Scholarship Review Committee will review the scholarship application.
- The Scholarship Review Committee consists of the Head of School, Middle School Director, Admissions Director, and one faculty member.
- All scholarship applicants will be notified by April 12, 2021.
Final Enrollment Process
- If the student is accepted for admission and awarded the scholarship, an Enrollment Contract will be issued to the family.
- The student is enrolled when the contract has been signed by the parent and received by the school.